- Decide whether you want to enlist the help of a real estate agent or to sell on your own. Real estate agents can assist you with nearly every aspect of selling your home, and they will also enhance your chances for success.
- Educate yourself on how to price your home. It's important to put careful thought and consideration when selecting a price for your home, regardless of market conditions.
- Understand the features of your house that you can and cannot change. This will hone in your focus on the items that will bring the most reward in selling your house, in addition to not putting energy into those items that cannot be changed.
- Dedicate time to preparing your house for sale . Not only will it help with the staging process, but it will also help your begin the lengthly packing process!
- Determine whether or not to you would like to do a pre-listing house inspection.
- Determine whether or not you want to offer a Home Warrenty with your house.
- Familiarize yourself with the financing options available, so that you may be as knowledgeable as your buyers.
- With an agent or on your own, develop an effective marketing and advertising plan.
- Understand how to best show your home for the staging process.
- When the time comes to negotiate, understand how to deal with offers and read contracts.
- Now that the prep is completed and offers are coming in, need to purchase another home? Be sure to check out our Buyers resources, and all the areas listings for Lakes Region Homes.
- Don't wait until the last minute to make moving plans: make them early!
Understand the different aspects that are involved with closing and settlement, and familiarize yourself with the process so you know what to expect.
Have additional questions about Buying or Selling? Contact John Byers today.